Saturday, March 7, 2015

Post Script and Some Extra Pictures - Wed Feb 25 and Thur Feb 26

Today was another day of new experiences as I went to “buy” groceries for the week for this house of nearly 20 people!  We started at the open air market that literally went on forever.  The colors of the women’s fabrics were vibrant against the backdrop of red tomatoes, yellow bananas and green avocados.  Most Ugandans are farmers so this is huge to make enough to continue your crops and provide for your families. 




 Uganda, I will not miss the red dust in the air as I cannot breath with the layer of city smog from dirt roads, diesel engines,and  charcoal grills that are used in mostly every household.  My cough is obnoxious I know and I hate it but at least my voice is back so I can greet people and have conversations with those I have grown to love.   Speaking of conversations, Kyle, Patti and I really enjoyed having discussions with the young man Hadad who took care of us when we added international minutes to our cell phones.  We would routinely see him every couple days or so and he became our "friend" and we so appreciated his kindness.
Hadad - Our Cell Phone Friend!


 Lastly, on this little P.S., the two people I have been with as many of you know are Taylor Anne’s biological Grandmother “Memaw” Patti Walter and her Uncle Kyle Walter.  It’s nothing short of a miracle and a divine appointment planned by the God, that we would be of one mind to go 8000 miles away from our homes because of this girl we gratefully share together.  Patti and Kyle have been here for more than 20 days.  I know where Taylor Anne gets her determination and her strength.  Watching Patti with these kids has been amazing.  She’s gifted and strong and a joy to be with through heat, sweat, no water at times, no electricity, travelling for hours on dirt roads, she has encouraged my heart.  And Uncle Kyle, his love for the Ugandan people has been contagious for me to watch.  He so desires to share God’s love with the village of Buwooya and has a dream and a plan to help transform that village with his friend Moses to raise up Ugandan leaders.  It’s been with great joy that we have spent much time together and some of the Ugandan’s here have shared in our “story” of Taylor Anne and they too have been amazed at God’s plan for all of us.


 Thanks to Jimmy and John who so willingly sacrificed their families to go and serve.  One last prayer request is that we all get home safely with the pending snowstorms as we all fly back to Charlotte.  To God be the Glory.  P.S.S.  We all arrived home safe and sound.  I would say "The End" but I have a feeling that it's just "The Beginning."


Together Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment